* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5January 19, 2012
Reviewer: A customer in Connecticut
* I have been using VP2 Vanilla for several years and continue to re-order. It mixes well in oatmeal and shakes. I always mix my shakes in the blender, so cannot comment on how well it mixes in a shaker. No after taste that I've ever noticed and it is easy on the stomach (lactose free). Every now and again I try to save a few dollars and try something else, but always end up going back to VP2!
* I have been using VP2 for close to 10 years and I can definitely tell you it's the "creme de la creme" of whey protein powders. The vanilla tastes good and it mixes clean, thin, and smooth---much better than some of the other whey proteins that I have tried. Yes, it has a slightly higher price vs. some of the other brands out there, but with VP2 you are getting what you pay for! There have also been several scientific studies done on it proving its effectiveness on promoting new lean muscle growth---most whey proteins cannot say the same. The other whey isolates out there are good too, but VP2 is the highest purified, fastest absorbing and cleanest whey out there. If cost is an issue, I would at least just use it immediately following your weight training session mixed w/gatorade and some dextrose powder in water---a sure fire way to help fuel muscle growth. I sometimes will use both VP2 and Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey (which is lower in cost, but still a really good product)during the day if I need to cut back $, but still supplement with quality whey protein throughout the day.
My advice would be to give VP2 a try if you can. It will be well worth the investment.
* The Mocha Cappuccino flavor is delicious. Very creamy tasting. I was going to order a second bottle but ordered a different brand just to try something new. I should have stayed with this, as it's the much better tasting protein.
* I have tried probably a dozen protein powders and have settled on VP2 since it has the best taste (as does EAS Myoplex). VP2 is also a good price for the amount of protein per serving. It mixes very easily, although it is thin, not thick like some of the others - which I prefer.
This review is specific to VP2, Double Rich Chocolate