* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5May 26, 2007
Reviewer: A customer in Armed Forces AE
* This is a great product. I've been using both Endurox R4 and Excel in my endurance training program for many years. I find that Endurox R4 is an effective post race/training session drink, but I also use it during my long runs (I just use 1/2 the recommended amount of product in my water bottle.). I find that the product does reduce post event soreness and allows me to train hard the next day. Despite what the advertisement says, Endurox R4 DOES NOT contain ciwujia. It is the Excel which contains the herb.
* Endurox is the best product on the market for reducing recovery time between long hard workouts. Used as directed immediately after a workout you'll find the you'll be able to bounce back fast. Really reduces the soreness of the muscles. Highly recommended!
* I've been training hard for a very demanding SWAT PT test. The training involves very taxing interval sprints, followed by weighted pull ups and a brisk climb on the stair master. After the workouts I was exhausted and had a very hard time recovering over the next few days. Drinking Endurox R4 (Fruit Punch) right after my workout has dramatically aided in recovery and brings me back to the next training session stronger and focused. I've highly recommended this product to other SWAT officers for their workout recovery.
This review is specific to Endurox R4, Fruit Punch
* I am a 50 year old runner and triathlete, 6 time IronMan finisher. Endurox R4 has been a major part of my training plan for about 6 years now. I take it *immediately* after long runs (10 miles or more) and long rides (50 miles plus) I only gave it an initial try because one of my few heroes, Dave Scott (The Man), endorsed it. I ran my usual Sunday 12 miler and took it after. I woke up the next morning with maybe 25% of the muscle soreness I would typically have had. It was a moment of clarity - wow - what a difference! I have tried other carb/protein recovery products, but this has the best taste (Lemon Line is my fave, with Orange a close second), and the most protein.
* I like to swim in the morning which means a very light breakfast before I get to the pool. I find Endurox to be a very tasty and satisfying post-workout drink. I also sometimes take it with me when biking as it provides a good amount of energy without the heaviness of a meal-replacement or protein-only drink.
I tried the lemon-lime and it was OK, but I prefer the orange. I have not tried the other flavors.