* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5December 07, 2006
Reviewer: A customer in North Carolina
* I love shopping at Netrition for the foods and most items have been great, but don't get this unless you like to eat CARDBOARD.. YUK!
* Take it from a purebred Italian that was raised on NY style pizza (hot pie) in the suburbs of NYC. This item is truly garbage. The tomato sauce is more like beef gravy, dark and tasteless. The so-called dough does not have any body to it and a really weird taste. Even with a topping of fresh onions and peppers, I couldn't eat it. Save your money.
* I could elaborate more but I won't for now. Suffice it to say that this product does not, in the slightest, come close to what real pizza pie is. I have tried other brands and keep hoping against hope that I will find something I can halfway enjoy, with the memories of my hi-carb days behind me. Nothing has come close.
In this kit, you will find a crust mixture which will bake as described, but even with all manner of spice and toppings, it still tastes like cardboard. The sauce that was included should never be used; try anything else, it has to taste better.
Other than the above, everything else in the package is great. The picture on the box is mouthwatering!
* The first one I had was okay, because I was so desperate for something that resembled pizza it didn't matter. I added all the meat and cheese I could find in the house. I made a second one a few weeks later.......yuck! I must have been really desperate the first time around. It was horrible! The crust is indescribable.....cardboard with garlic, maybe? So, now I'm stuck with 3 more that I don't know what to do with. I'll probably donate them to a food bank this holiday season and hope someone can use them!
* Very disappointed with this product... I did not like the sauce at all.. I still have one box left.. Maybe I'll try it with a different sauce.. crust was hard to spread on pan... I will not order this again..