* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
2/5January 22, 2010
Reviewer: Fives in Illinois
* I'm sorry but the peanut butter flavor is just plain nasty. I have not been able to find a way to use it without detecting a horrific chemical aftertaste, and the supposed peanut flavor doesn't measure up. Da Vinci should have left this one in the lab.
I've tried it in tea, smoothies, oatmeal, etc.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Peanut Butter
* This review is for the sugar-free pancake syrup and I should preface it by saying that the thing I miss most since going low carb is 100% real maple syrup. That was the only kind I allowed in my house and I even used to carry it with me when eating breakfast in restaurants. The DaVinci pancake syrup is a poor substitute because it does not taste like maple syrup. Period. In fact, the word maple does not appear anywhere on the bottle. (The Walden brand is a bit better and at least lists "Maple Flavor" and "natural flavor" as ingredients but this only lists "natural flavor".) I salvaged the DaVinci syrup by adding 20% real maple syrup with the penalty of adding a few grams of carbs per serving. From now on I will stick to the Walden brand but still add 10% real maple syrup for even more maple flavor.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Pancake
* I really wanted to like this syrup because I love, love, love marshmallows but I just could not get behind it. Most of the syrup went down the sink. I hate wasting it but I couldn't even give the stuff away. Even though the flavor is toasted marshmallow it tasted like coconut. There was a mild flavor of toasted marshmallow but the coconut flavor just kind of smacked you in the face.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Toasted Marshmallow
* I normally find product reviews quite reliable, especially when the quantity of the DaVinci products but cannot understand their consistently high ratings. I ordered three syrups and tried two (raspberry and pancake) and find them almost unusable. They should be labeled flavored water instead of syrup and neither had a taste of syrup. My Kroger brand LC syrup, which only reaches a "good" level is far superior to these. Both immediately made my waffles a soggy mess. I only give them two stars because of the outstanding service of Netrition and the fact they have quite attractive packaging. If this had only been the only items in my order they would have been one star.
I have not opened the chocolate syrup (or water).
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Raspberry (plastic)