* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
5/5December 17, 2006
Reviewer: robert in Connecticut
* I am 45 years old and have been weight training since the age of 17. I have had some pain in my knees for years. Many people have recommended the glucosamine and chondroitin supplements to me, and I have tried them with no noticeable results. I tried this product with MSM and within two days my knees felt better than they had in years. I can assume it's the MSM or the combination of these ingredients, but I hope they never stop making this product.
* This product has been a miracle to me. I was having lumbar and cervical spine pain. I was trying to save money so I was taking one tablet per day. I just didn't feel a difference until a pharmacy student told me that I must take 1,500 mg of glucosamine per day. After I increased my dosage, I felt immediate relief. I am currently purchasing another 2 bottles of the Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM, 180 tablets. I would highly recommend this product to anyone having back or neck pain.
* I am very satisfied with Now Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM.
I have used many others from local stores and this is a much better grade than what is available to me locally.
It contains the sulfate forms which are the most tested. The sulfate forms are not available to me locally. If I substitute with another brand it costs way more because you get less or have to take more. And it does not contain the sulfate forms of Glucosamine etc.
* The capsules work great for my knees. I've tried Trader Joe's tablets which don't do much. I have also used the liquid but it is nasty and I can't really consume enough to make a difference. It has an odd citrus taste. I recommend that you stay away from the liquid if you can still taste. I want to try the msm-less version to compare. So far, the capsules are the best. I can't rate the liquid separately so I'll do it here -> 2.
* My doctor and I disagree about the benefits of Glucosamin/Chondroitin. He told me that he didn't think it would help my arthritis at all (shoulders and feet), so I stopped taking it. Over a few weeks I could tell that my aches were getting worse. (I work out 3 days a week and do aerobics 3 days a week.) I started taking it again - this time with MSM - at a higher dosage and my arthritis has been virtually no problem. I'm sold on this supplement to reduce arthritic symptoms. Of course, we all know everyone's body reacts differently to various regimens.
* We are never without Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM. My husband is a remodeler with arthritis in his hands, and I have osteoarthritis in my lower back. If we run out, we know within a few days because the aches and stiffness flare up. I keep a full bottle in reserve at all times.