* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5January 08, 2007
Reviewer: Denice in Texas
* I love the low carb cheese straws. I used to be able to buy them at our local grocery, but when low carb became the naughty diet (NOT HEALTHFUL WAY OF LIFE) craze, the grocery stopped offering them. I am happy to find them at Netrition.
* Just enough spice to make them interesting, granted they do not have the crispness of a Cheeztos but neither do they have the fat nor the carbs. I am very happy with this product as a healthy snacking substitute and I will be ordering it again. Thanks for carrying this product. I live a low carb lifestyle and one of the hardest things to find (ready made) are all things crunchy!
* These are wonderful, I'll be ordering them regularly! They taste exactly like a cheesy cookie-type pastry from Honduras called rosquillas. I know that description won't help many people, but at least I can say they actually taste like "real" food and not diet food.
* I like these and they have just the right amount of spice. Not too hot, but just a bit spicey. They have more of a cookie texture, although they are not sweet. They are crunchy, but not "hard" crunchy like a typical snack food cheese curl.
* Sadly, my family did not enjoy this product. We love so many of the items Netrition offers - but I will not purchase this one again. It had a funny texture (not at all like the crunch we expected; rather like soft chalk and then pasty). It took a lot of water to get them down. I know when my teens pass it up - it's not a keeper.
* I have to disagree with the majority on this one ... I found these cheese straws to have a very strong soy taste, which I do not care for at all. The texture was very thick, dense, and dry. However, if you're craving a dry cheese cracker, you might enjoy them. :)
* After reading the other reviews I decided to give these a try and did not care for them at all. These have a pretty strong after taste and I was expecting the texture to be crunchier these have more of a "cookielike" texture.
Will not be purchasing them again.