* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5/5January 05, 2010
Reviewer: Marissa in New Jersey
* Simply a wonderful product. It has a lovely consistency, a natural nutty flavor and bakes very well. This is another of Bob's grains that I have tried and I was not disappointed. And the service from Netrition is outstanding, this was delivered so quickly, it's hard to believe it's UPS GROUND!! Why should I even bother driving around looking for a health food store when I can simply click away at Netrition and get everything I need for $4.95?! Love 'em.
* I am so happy this is such a reasonable price. I am on Atkins and have found so many uses for it; to make pumpkin muffins or pancakes, etc. The secret is to let it sit for 5 minutes to expand with the fluid you are using with it.
* What DON'T I use this in. It's a staple for sure.
It's in all my "bakery" type stuff ... muffins, flat breads. pancakes, biscuits,
and I even make a cereal with it. I would be lost without it.
I would have to give up both open face, and regular sandwiches again if I couldn't make my flat bread :(
* 5 is the best. Right on. Not many places have this product, none have it for this price. At least, no reputable online stores. Good buy, I use this stuff everyday and I love the golden flax seed over the regular flax seed, taste wise at least...
* I love Bob's Flaxseed Meal for making low-carb muffins and brownies, pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting, and other low carb treats! I can stay on my low-carb diet and not feel like I'm depriving myself. It's easier to pass by those sugary brownies at the store, when you know you have low-carb brownies waiting at home. There are recipes online. Bob's Flaxseed Meal is a staple in my diet.
* This flaxseed meal is an excellent value and of superb taste and quality. I have been using it for making a hot cereal by adding hot water with a little soynut butter and sugar-free syrup. It is wonderful! The nutritional benefits are great as it has ZERO net carbs and all the benefits of flax. OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!