* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful
5/5December 15, 2007
Reviewer: Helen in Washington
* Great addition to Carbquik or Carbalose based baked goods giving perfect texture to biscuits, bread doughs, etc. Low Carb Friends Message Board has many shared recipes using WPI 5000.
* I bought this product to use with carbalose flour to make a simple white loaf of low-carb bread. I have found that it leaves a distinct sour aftertaste that I do not like.
I have since discovered on other sites that there are some who also find the taste intolerable, while others are not bothered at all. It may be less noticeable in baked items that have a stronger taste than white bread, or it may simply be a matter of personal preference. I would suggest to customers who have not tried this before to buy just one bag to see if it agrees with you before you buy a whole load (like I did).
* This puts me back in the arena of baking the best breads again...and low carb friendly, too. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Easy to work with, tastes good, no bad smell...even looks good. Sounds good, too -when the beeper goes off letting me know that it's done baking.
Butter my buns and call me a biscuit, look what's here...Bread again!
* I use this item in my homemade Low Carb Bread Mix, along with the isolate 8000, isolate 5000, starch 75, wheat gluten, oat fiber & carbalose. Since my bread comes out PERFECT, soft with a good rise, I would guess all these items that I buy from Netrition are good. I have been buying the item for years now.