* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5November 09, 2009
Reviewer: Stephanie in Maryland
* I was a little skeptical of the carb count of this product because of the honey, but maybe they only use a little. However, presuming that the nutritional panel on this product is correct--this stuff is going to become the only peanut butter I'll ever buy.
Not only is it lower in carbs and calories than real peanut butter, but my husband wasn't able to tell the difference between it and the real deal. It's a little on the thin side (though no more than natural peanut butter), so I added a tiny amount of guar gum to the batch and now it's as thick and sticky as you'd expect.
* I love this stuff! Tons of protein, has 40 less calories than regular 2 T serving of Peanut butter. 4 T is like a meal in itself, and it is healthy and naturally very sweet! It has a strong true peanut butter taste. Also, tons of omega 3's and very low in carbs! I love making peanut butter cookies with this.
* I absolutely love this product. Normally, peanut butter is high in fat so I have to limit the amount I eat, but this pb had about the same amount of fat in FOUR tablespoons. It does have a thicker consistency than regular peanut butter, and it tastes a bit saltier, but I have learned to like it more than regular peanut butter! The only draw back is when you first get it, you have to spend at least 10 minutes mixing it!! But after that it's good.
* One word - YUMMY! I had been avoiding peanut butter because it has more calories than I care for in my diet, but Power PB actually has fewer calories than regular peanut butter (per tablespoon) and all the added protein makes it worth it to me. I love the crunchiness to it as well.
* I LOVE this product! It has a nice consistency and is very spreadable. I love putting one Tbsp. on my favorite high fiber bread and sprinkling some splenda on it to make it a little sweeter. And the fact that there is a lot more protein and less carbs in this product compared to regular peanut butter makes it an amazing food to get your protein intake in after a workout!
* I LOVE this peanut butter! It tastes great and the portion size is HUGE. I've been eating it for over a year now and its the only PB I get any more at all. Try it - you will love it too! The best part is the protein enhancement - get all that benefit from something you would eat anyway. Its great with an apple - the perfect companion and awesome snack.
* YUMMY peanut butter!! I about ate all of it already! This is great for your health and weight watchers , low carb diets or high protein diets, full of fiber and Flax seed, which is very healthy. One hint - if you add some sweetener like stevia or another no calorie sweetener, the honey flavor just comes out and you get Burst of Flavor! Makes a nice PB&J sandwich!