* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1/5June 10, 2010
Reviewer: Matthew in Tennessee
* I purchased these pancakes because of all the positive reviews and boy was I surprised when I found out that these pancakes taste horrible. I followed all of the directions on the box and when they turned out so bad, I even double checked that I had done everything correctly. If I could give them a zero star rating I would, but I guess since they were edible and easy to cook they deserve at least one star.
I am really confused as to how there are so many positive reviews of this product. I see that many of the reviews mention adding Splenda, cinnamon, salt, blueberries, or other flavor enhancers so I can only assume that the positive reviews stem from those who add lots of extras and then followed it up by drenching these pancakes in butter and/or syrup.
The bottom line on these, I will definitely not purchase them again, nor will I recommend them.
* First, let me say that I love Netrition and will continue to place orders from them. Best prices. Awesome ship time. Five stars and then some...
I ordered three boxes of this mix thinking I would love it. Wrong. I am going back to my other brand. This stuff is so nasty I threw out all three boxes and never made a whole batch of pancakes. Disgusting stuff.
I should mention that the maple syrup by the same brand is awesome.
* I purchased these pancakes because of all the positive reviews, and boy was I surprised when I found out that these waffles taste horrible. We followed all of the directions on the box and when they turned out so bad, I even double checked that I had done everything correctly. If I could give them a -5 star rating I would, but I guess since they were edible and easy to cook they deserve at least one star.
* I am perplexed by all the glowing reviews for this product. I like Maple Grove Farms' other products (the SF Syrup - YUM!) but this was just awful. Adding paper-thin sliced apples and cinnamon didn't help the bland-ness of this mix. I prepared it exactly as directed and though the pancakes did rise well enough and did cook through adequately, the taste was more than boring, it was distractingly bland. I tossed out the rest of the box, sadly.