* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5November 01, 2006
Reviewer: Darlene in California
* I'm a Type 2 diabetic and these don't raise my BGL at all. They also taste just like regular chocolate chips, both in cooking and when I feel like just eating them right out of the bag.
* Excellent product! I love these chocolate chips and use them exactly as I would their high-carb counterparts - no one to date has noticed the difference. And no sugar alcohols! They are chocolatey and sweet; in my opinion, the taste and texture is perfect. If only the sugar-free/low-carb substitute for everything was as successful!!
* These chips are incredible - Having diabetes, I can now bake sugar free(I use Splenda), low-fat, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (my all time favorite), experiment, and gobble down. No sugar alcohol effects. I taste no difference My family loves them, and definitely do not feel deprived! Thank you for this product!
* These are nice on my Low sugar Low carb diet. I mix them with another high protein chocolate, so now I can have the fiber in these and added protein in the other one I use and makes great christmas candy!
* Finally! A chocolate without maltitol! I can do Christmas again! It cooks and bakes great! I've made rum balls, haystacks, chocolate covered dates, and more. It melts smoothly & hardens fine. It does take a little longer than I was used to to harden, but that might just be my imagination. I originally ordered 6 bags and I'm back to order 4 more. Don't hesitate. It's a good chocolate & at a reasonable price!
* Wow, I'm diabetic and chocolate chips have been off my diet for years so this is a fantastic treat that tastes just like regular chocolate chips. When I really desire some chocolate this fills the bill. They bake just like high carb regular chips.
My family can't tell the difference. Try them you will love it!