* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 4 people found the following review helpful
1/5November 03, 2006
Reviewer: Graham in Florida
* Well, I didn't believe the reviews and I wanted to try it for myself. But yeah, its horrible. Might as well put cardboard in the container rather than this crap.
* This does not taste at all like peanut butter. It tastes like soybean butter, which it is. The texture is okay, but the flavor is only for those who like a strong taste of soy. I'm a Type 2 diabetic and was hoping this would replace peanut butter (and it's carbs) for me, but it won't.
* I have tried a few different "butters" as substitute to peanut butter, and this is by-far the worst. The consistency is ackward (almost grainy and powdery) and the taste leaves a lot to be desired. I am usually one who can usually eat anything so it doesn't go to waste, but this was an exception!
* I don't understand all the rave reviews for this product. It's really not fit for human consumption. It's pretty much plastic paste. It's completely disgusting. I took one little bite and couldn't even swallow it. I had to spit it out....then I had to rinse my mouth out! Do not buy this product thinking it tastes like peanut butter. You would be much better off getting Peter Pan Crunchy. It's only 3 net carbs per serving and it's delicious. Of course each serving is like 2 tablespoons so you have to use it sparingly.
* I am a type 1 diabetic, so I really have to watch my carbs. I like most all of the Dixie Diner products that I have tried. However I bought a bottle of this stuff almost a year ago and ICK. I never use it, I still have an almost full bottle that needs to go in the trash. The taste is disgusting. I tried really hard to like it but the flavor was so far off and nothing like peanut butter. It just pretty much did taste like what it was - ground up soy beans! If you really like soy bean flavor then this may be for you. I will just have to stick to the 50/50 peanut butter and make do with the 5 carbs per serving.