* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4/5July 27, 2015
Reviewer: Ludmila in New York
* This is not bad for a perceived no-calorie grub. I mean, if you've had a long date with your Italian grandma's spaghetti marinara just yesterday, don't fool yourself into thinking that you somehow gonna like this vinegar flavored Jell-O. But give yourself a few weeks on something like HCG diet, and trust me - it will tickle your palate that way you'd be surprised!
This review is specific to Pasta Sauce, Tomato & Basil
* I enjoy Walden farm products but some of their products can use some doctoring up. This is one of them. The texture is okay but the taste is on the bland side. I will stir in a bit of WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce to give it a little kick or for a more pronounced cheese taste, will add nutritional yeast, adding a bit of reduced fat Parmesan cheese has been successful. Adding salt and garlic powder has proven effective in creating a taste closer to the real Alfredo flavor. Given this product is calorie free and allows me to have a pasta inspired dish(I use spaghetti squash or julienned zucchini) is a huge plus. Worth trying and experimenting with.
* I use the Alfredo and Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauces. Both add welcome flavor at just the cost of some sodium, to some of my more bland veggie heavy meals. I don't need to add salt, or much else, in the way of condiments.
The Tomato & Basil Sauce is a shade that is into the pink range. That put me off the first time I used it. Upon reflection, I decided that the addition of it's taste trumped the visual aspect.
The Alfredo Sauce taste is a little strong for my palate, but it still adds welcome flavoring.
* We tasted the Alfredo Sauce cold in the jar and were skeptical, but added it to steamed broccoli with cooked chicken breast strips & whole grain pasta, warmed it up and it was great. We did top it with a little parmesan cheese. It seemed to taste even better after sitting for a couple of minutes on the plate. My hubby says do it again, and the lack of calories and carbs was a real plus! It's best to keep an open mind when trying new items such as this. You shouldn't expect it to be exactly like whatever you were using before because it's not, but this is pretty close.