* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5August 23, 2017
Reviewer: A customer in Florida
* Great product- acts like corn syrup in recipes. It burns a bit easier.
Be aware that some people are allergic (gastronomic distress).
Make sure you check the bottle caps upon arrival, shipping and heat can dislodge the cap and/or the seal.
* I'm so glad I found Joseph's sugar-free maltitol sweetener. It is a thick clear syrup, which substitutes nicely for corn syrup, and is a very versatile product. It dissolves in cold beverages more easily than crystals. This clear syrup can be customized with flavored extracts. Use it to thin nut butters or melted chocolate, or mix it into cocoa powder or peanut butter powder for desert toppings. Mix it with nuts and oats and bake until toasty for homemade granola. It is lightly sweet, slightly salty, with no 'diet' aftertaste.
* This artificial sweetener is uniquely good for sweetening home-made, no-sugar, low-carb ICE CREAM! Other artificial sweeteners result in ice cream that is rock hard and virtually impossible to scoop without melting it or softening it in the microwave. Using liquid maltitol results in a softer ice cream that is more like ice cream sweetened with sugar. Enjoy!
* I used Maltitol in a brownie recipe and yum! These were absolutely delicious, even better than brownies made with sugar. Maltitol is very thick & sticky so it was a little messy, but I am better prepared for next time I use it. I needed 1 cup for the brownie and the glaze to make 8 brownies, so if you need more, order more than 1 bottle.