* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5October 21, 2009
Reviewer: Rachelle in Colorado
* Works great for on stove cooking and oven baking. No bad taste. It does not leave the sticky residue all over my stove area that the "Spray" non-sticks leave. My kids cook often throughout the day and I am not sure if they use too much of the spray type of non-stick...or misguide the spray direction so it ends up gunking up on my stove, counters, up on the ventilation hood, and even on the cupboards above the stove. I tend to think that the spray disperses everywhere floating up into the air and sticks on everything up there or near the stove top. I have not noticed any gunking with this non-stick jar type. I use a basting brush to apply it to whatever pan I am using. I just let the brush set on top of the jar until I use it next (several times daily) so I don't have to wash it constantly.
* I am totally STUNNED at how incredible this cooking oil is! Really, this is amazing if you cook with either cast iron or stainless steel cookware. There is NO taste whatsoever and it cleans like a dream! It comes in a jar, but was only semi-solid. I used a folded paper towel to spread it on my cast iron skillet. I used only a sparse amount, and found it to be impressive in its non-stick ability. All I can say is WOW! Do give this a try. You will not be disappointed.
* I stopped cooking with Teflon pans and this stuff works better to prevent sticking than anything else I've tried. It doesn't make food taste or smell funny and nothing sticks to my steel or cast iron cookware. I definitely recommend it.
* This stuff is pretty amazing. I've been phasing out my nonstick cookware for health reasons, and this product makes it possible to cook many things in regular stainless steel pans without sticking. It also makes a very good seasoning product for my cast iron pans, yielding a good, smooth surface. There are some things where I've needed more than a shmear - fried eggs, pancakes, some fish all require more like a spoonful to keep them from sticking. Definitely reordering this product!
* Great oil! I do not like the taste of coconut, but decided to give this a try. NO coconut taste, I'm very happy. I used it to make icing for my cake instead of crisco, turned out great. Fried my eggs with it instead of butter, again great. Did not change the taste of the eggs at all. I'm now going to try the NOW brand coconut oil, I hope it works as well and tastes the same.
* Excellent non-stick oil! No aftertaste nor any of the nasty chemicals you get from cooking sprays. It also works much better than the cooking sprays as a very effective way to keep food from sticking during cooking and baking. The only drawback is that you have to get your hands dirty to apply it to the cooking surface.
* I received this product and could kick myself for not looking at the label carefully. 20 CALORIES FOR 1/2 TEASPOON! Holy cow. You could use ONE teaspoon of light butter for 16 calories and get a real butter taste! Butter will fry pretty good at high temperatures also. Who the heck uses 1/2 teaspoon in cooking. You would be hard pressed to use this tiny container in cooking/baking anything and the calorie count would be enormous as well as the cost. I count both carbs and calories in my diet. Don't waste your money!