* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5August 26, 2007
Reviewer: Lynne in Illinois
* I love this brand, but these products are not great. The texture is strange...kind of gritty. They weren't very sweet and just weren't very good. I shared the coconut ones with a diabetic friend, and he said he'd rather just not eat cookies than eat these. I feel the same.
* I didn't care for these at all. Very strong unpleasant aftertaste, yucky texture. Also, be aware that the nutritional information listed for these is misleading. The 90 calories, 1g saturated fat, and 0mg cholesterol is for the mix only. As prepared these actually have much much higher numbers of calories, fat, and cholesterol. Really appallingly unhealthy numbers to be honest, and given that the taste is really bad, I definitely can't recommend these.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Cookie Mix, Coconut Macaroonies
* I don't know what all the negatives are for. I love the celebration cookies. I have ordered and re-ordered them. The first batch I made, I tried to make them 'last' but when you know you have 'powdered sugar' cookies in the fridge, and 'powdered sugar' has been taboo, as it is with me, well, the more I ate, the quicker they got ate up! They are filling, I even slipped in a glass of milk to enjoy them with. What did surprise me was there was enough 'powdered sugar' to coat them all. Btw, they keep well, if you can resist them, and they do age nicely.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Cookie Mix, Celebration
* These had to be the worst low-carb cookies ever!!!! They had no resemblance to any type of cookies. Horrible after taste. I threw away the mix I didn't use. Couldn't think of anything to use it for other than mulch.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Cookie Mix, Chocolate Chocolate Chip