* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
3/5October 14, 2006
Reviewer: Lila in North Carolina
* The sauce was surprisingly good. The chicken was a rather small portion and when cooked per the directions in a microwave, was not as tender as I would expect for a boneless breast. Not enough vegetables either to qualify as a "main course" with the size of the chicken breast. With all that said though, I'd probably buy another to keep in my desk at work for one of those days when I am too rushed in the morning to pack lunch and don't feel like walking the three to six blocks to a restaurant. Gourmet it's not. Decent it is and will keep me away from the vending machines in a pinch.
This review is specific to Hi-Lo Shelf-Stable Entree, Chicken Vegetable Parmesan
* The Chicken Parmesan wasn't that good. The sauce was ok, but the chicken portion was extremely small and very rubbery. The "vegetables" was a few slices of celery and very small. Overall, I would not buy this one again.
The Beef stew tasted very good and the meat was soft. I really enjoyed eating this one but the portion was small. I would still buy this one again.
* If you are a would-be buyer, let me help you gauge the actual content of this product. Observe the picture on the box. Now imagine thrice the amount of broth, a quarter amount of the beef/veggie, and a quarter of the size of the beef/veggie... and there you have it -- the portion you'll get when you peel off the lid.
This review is specific to Hi-Lo Shelf-Stable Entree, Homestyle Beef Stew
* Have tried three of the entrees. The most recent was the Tuna Noodle thing which was HORRIBLE. Two bites and tossed it. Not worth it at ALL. The stew was kinda palatable, but the portion was very small. My review of the Chicken Parm is already posted.
These things are good ideas, but none of them are of a size to qualify as a meal, and even with something like a salad or vegetable along with them, are pretty small as an entree.