* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4/5September 12, 2015
Reviewer: YeVetta in Illinois
* The cereal reminded me of the discontinued version by Atkins. It was not a great taste but it was not a bad one either. Let us say that it was "do-able". The texture was not bad, there was a bit of "nuttiness" in the taste and above all it was filling. I added a pad of butter, some splenda, lots of cinnamon then followed up with a cup of milk and a fruit and I was good for a solid three hours. Meaning I had no cravings of any kind. And this cereal kept me on the "regular", if you know what I mean. So that is my review.
* Just wanted to say that this hot cereal is like others have described - a mix between oatmeal (chewy little bits) and cream of wheat (creamy and smooth textures) I got the apple cinnamon based on the reviews and at one packet as is and one packet with a little SF maple syurp.. both very good..
This review is specific to Carb Counters Hot Cereal, Apple Cinnamon
* This is a good break from turkey bacon and egg white low-carb/low-fat breakfasts, but the taste isn't the best. To be fair, I was really looking for something more like oatmeal, which is probably not realistic. That said, adding some cinnamon and stevia, this is a good breakfast that will keep you full.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Hot Cereal, Cinnamon Spice
* Nice product if you don't mind the soy bits texture, which could seem a bit weird to some, I don't mind. I add freshly ground cinnamon and some stevia to mine.
Small servings, but filling and low carb whilst being low cal, too (many LC products tend to be a bit high in cals), which is a big plus to me.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Hot Cereal, Natural Flavor