* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5/5February 08, 2007
Reviewer: Ann in Maryland
* Finding a really good hot cocoa that is actually healthy for you is difficult, but not anymore!!! This stuff is great!! It has the richness and sweetness of real cocoa! And when you put a bit of whipped cream on the top, it is a carb lover's dream.
* I did not expect this product to be "like real hot cocoa". I did expect it to be drinkable. I found it to have a very unpleasant undertaste I can only describe as somewhat lardy/greasy. It was way too fake sweet and had little chocolate flavor. I'll stick to sugar free or just drink coffee or tea. I give it 0 out of 5 stars. Sorry Dixie Diner--but you really need to work on this product. Also, what the heck are all those white specks floating on top?
* I think it tastes ok considering it is low carb. To me, it tastes more sugary than chocolatey if that makes sense and it definitely needs something like whipped cream on top to give it a more creamy/milky consistency. What I was more disappointed with was the amount of cocoa in the tub...the one I got was only half full; I was expecting the tub pictured to be full of cocoa, especially for the price.
* Very hard to mix. I followed the directions and it still had lumps. WAY too sweet and had a chemical-chocolate flavor not a real chocolate flavor. The jar is not large and it is only half full. Most Dixie Diners products are fantastic- but not this. If you are craving GOOD, gooey, chocolate, try Dixie Diner's chocolate molten cake mix it is SUPER!!
* I normally love all Dixie products but this one doesn't rate well. It is good but you have to mix it really well and even still get strange clumps that don't taste good. Once you get past the clumps it is good. But the product comes with the jar half filled and for the price it is not really worth it.
* Product is not very good tasting at all. Definitely not something I will be using, too bad I had to waste $5 to find out. It tastes almost like a bad chocolate protein powder or something minus the benefit of protein.
* I was so happy when I saw this product online. However, once my husband and I tasted it, the happiness was gone. No good. It had hardly any chocolate flavor, and left an
unpleasant taste. It also did not mix well. It came with a cute little mini wisk (maybe that should have been a hint),
however that was not a solution. Save yourself the disappointment.