* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5August 05, 2007
Reviewer: Michael in Connecticut
* Micellar Milk Vanilla is fairly good tasting as protein RTDs go. It has a good level of sweetness and very little aftertaste. I've tried using it as a substitute for milk in cereal, but it ended up having a weird taste. I'll try it in different cereals though, just to see. Very similar to EAS's Myoplex RTDs, as I've used them in the past. But, I have the same gripe with this RTD as I did with EAS's. I find that there is a fair amount of "sludge" settled at the bottom and you really need to shake it up, several times as it gets foamy. I've given a quick shake to my boxes whenever I happen into the kitchen so that they're smooth when I want to drink one. A single shake and you get some small floating pieces in your drink. Last thing about this RTD is that it has a great reusable cap on it. Way better than a Met-Rx can or the EAS's foil pull tab.
This review is specific to Micellar Milk Ready-to-Drink Shake, 17 fl oz, Creamy Vanilla
* Excellent Taste. The best packaging for preserving the quality protein. Very good nutrition profile, High Protein, Low Carb and very importantly (are you listening Lean Body RTD) RELATIVELY LOW SODIUM. Even has some fiber to blunt some of the carbs. Right now this is the best overall RTD.
* I have had a hard time getting protein in my system after having gastric bypass surgery and was losing my hair and had a "poor-health" over-all feeling. I was introduced to Micellar RTD Shakes and have had no problem getting in my protein. I have recommended this to other GBS patients and have been thanked for doing so. My favorite is the Creamy Vanilla.
* I actually don't use these as the RTD shakes that they are, although they don't taste bad and I could do that. I use them for other stuff--in my coffee instead of milk or cream, for example. The chocolate I use to make mochas, and the vanilla for regular old coffee. I also use them to make protein/low-carb pudding by using a carton of chilled Micellar Milk instead of milk with a package of the Jello instant sugar-free/fat free pudding mix. It's yummy! I also mix them with other protein powders in shakes to make a thicker, richer, more protein-y shake.
They've now come out with a Strawberry flavor and I hope Netrition starts to carry that one soon, too!