* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5September 11, 2009
Reviewer: Tiffaney in Colorado
* Quick and easy to make with great flavor and texture. Toss in a couple of berries and a dab of whipped cream for a quick dessert.
* I love key lime pie, but the sugar content and calories are a gut buster. This key lime mix, along with a sugar-free graham cracker pie shell, is the answer to both sugar problems. It takes minutes to whip up. Then chill in the fridge for 2 hours. I use a combination almond milk and half and half to further cut the sugar.
Sometimes, if I have a lime handy I squeeze that in along with some pulp. Fantastic! Zero sugar and 120 calories per slice!
This review is specific to Mousse Mix and Pie Filling, Key Lime
* I am working a weight loss plan that I developed myself. Finding replacements for what I love to eat makes it easier to stay on the plan. I LOVE CHEESECAKE and Sans Sucre Cheesecake does the trick. I use Almond milk that makes it even more healthier. Using this product works great for cravings.
* Sans Sucre's sugar-free low fat low carb reduced calorie desserts are wonderful options for those on a restricted diet. Even people who can eat sugar have commented on how delicious this stuff is and how it doesn't taste sugar-free. Keep in mind that this mix is sweetened with Splenda. Also keep in mind that the graham cracker pie crust will invariably have some sugar in it.
I have only had the chocolate mousse and the cheesecake mix. My favorite way to prepare them is to whip up both envelopes and fill the mix into a pie crust for some of the most delectable sugar-free deliciousness you can imagine. Basically, you use an electric mixer and blend both packets with cold skim milk. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours and get ready for some major munching! Seriously, it tastes like I've cheated. Of course, you can eat it as you might eat a Jello cup, but the pie is just decadent. The taste of the crust and the mousse really compliment each other. The mix makes a wonderful Parfait as well.
Sans Sucre (which translates to "without sugar" in French) also makes other flavors including strawberry, lemon, French vanilla, mocha cappuccino, cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake and key lime. So the sugar-free dessert possibilities are almost endless.