* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5/5May 24, 2007
Reviewer: JENNIFER in Texas
* These brownies are GREAT! Very moist and yummy. The rich chocolate flavor is so good, you'd think you were eating the regular, carb loaded commercial brand. I added a handful of chopped pecans which I loved but they would be just fine on their own. Worth every penny! I just purchased two more! I'll be making more of these very, very soon!!
* Excellent taste and texture. Even my kids loved them. The only thing that keeps them from being 5 star is that the serving size is small, and with 5 net carbs per serving, you could end up eating twice that in a normal size serving.
* Very Good for a low-carb mix! Compared to others I've tried, this is the best so far. It does have a few more carbs than other brands, but the taste is worth it. There is no sense in spending a lot of money on low-carb products that taste so bad you won't eat them. This is one that you will actually WANT to eat! Brownies are nice and moist and dense. Very good flavor and consistency and easy to make!
* Another great product. A bit pricey but worth it for the rich chocolate flavor. Generally I will mix this as instructed, throw in a hand full of chopped walnuts and sometimes a small hand full of dried cherries. Then the trick is to spoon the batter (very thick) onto parchment paper and bake as cookies. Better to under bake them a bit. I even substitute DaVinci sugar free Cherry syrup for the water in mixing. It makes about 30 small cookies so the servings can be smaller with fewer carbs consumed.
* My husband made these and after he said what they tasted like I would not even waste my calories....He is a brownie lover and for him to turn them away they must have been horrible. It was a disappointment since the granola is so yummy.