* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3/5September 15, 2012
Reviewer: Susan in Virginia
* I gave the chocolate flavoring 3 stars only because once you get past the smell, the taste isn't so bad. Don't know if I got something different than other reviewers, but the smell of what I got is truly awful! Very strong chemical smell. It's really hard to get past that. Other flavors I've tried have had pleasant smells and taste fine. Do like that overall Monin is thicker than the other brand. Personally, I won't be buying this flavor again.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Chocolate
* I ordered the Monin Sugar-free Blackberry syrup. It was OK, but had somewhat of a "cigar" taste about it. I will be trying other flavors. I probably won't buy that flavor again unless I try it in a different brand. I have 2 more flavors on the way so we will see what those are like.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Blackberry (plastic)
* I generally love the Monin' syrups, but the raspberry keeps breaking down in the bottle. This has happened to me twice. It never happens with the vanilla or the white chocolate, so I have to think it's something acidic in the fruity flavors.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Raspberry (plastic)
* I really love the Monin O'Free blackberry and raspberry syrups, so I am sorry to say that the Hazelnut falls short. There simply isn't enough Hazelnut flavor relative to the sweetness - using enough to really taste the hazelnut results in over sweetening. Perhaps they could try a toasted hazelnut with a more intense flavor?
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Hazelnut (plastic)