* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5May 09, 2014
Reviewer: patricia in Pennsylvania
* These are the same flavors offered by another company for the SF variety, BUT they are softer and fresher than any I have ever bought.
* Warning...the serving size of 35 beans may have the laxative effect of the Maltitol. Learn how much you can handle, and then enjoy, because these jelly beans are very yummy and easy to chew. I liked them very much.
* My husband is a diabetic and loves these tasty little jelly beans. He says they don't bother his stomach like some other sugar free candies. They taste nice and not too hard, a great little jelly bean.
* These are an incredibly tasty alternative to Jelly Belly sugar free jelly beans which are over priced and don't taste significantly better. Russel Stover gives a great product. The only drawback (not complaint; drawback) is that any sugar free jelly bean can cause some pretty severe gastric difficulties if you overdo or are sensitive to sugar alcohols. Eat with caution.
That would be the only thing not perfect about this product.
* Holy maltitol - had a few handfuls of this and spent the next 6 hours with severe GI distress. They're tasty enough but not enough to warrant the explosion that happened in my gut after eating them. If you are sensitive to maltitol, avoid these like the plague.
* I have try many of the Russell Stover - Sugar Freen candies with no issues from the fake sugar, but this candy had me sick for days and days. I ate 2 handfuls of this candy and that was its. I was sick as a dog. I am not sure why these candies are different than the others they. The taste great, but be various eating these. It took my stomach 3 days to get back to normal. I even missed a day of work because of this candy. Good Luck