* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5April 05, 2010
Reviewer: Brett in Wyoming
* This is a very high quality protein bar. Not many can make chocolate taste like chocolate. Think thin bars do it in the Chocolate Mudslide flavor. I just ordered the Brownie Crunch to see how it compares.
This review is specific to High Protein Bars, Chocolate Espresso
* These bars are great. They are a bit high in fat for my nutritional needs, but used properly can fit great in my daily intake. Perfect for traveling, as they are much lower in fat than what you find at a airport restaurant, or local drive through while on the road. These are super tasty and don't have that processed protein bar after taste. I am nursing an infant and don't have to worry about any thing from the bars crossing over to my milk as they are natural bars, I even allow my 4 year old daughter to occasionally have one. Also, they don't upset the GI system like many of the other protein bars, which is GREAT!!
Female 34 5'3" current calorie intake 1500-1800 (nursing infant)
This review is specific to High Protein Bars, Chunky Peanut Butter
* Very Yummy! The white chocolate chip is my fave, with the creamy PB coming in second. It's great to find a good tasting protein bar that is sugar free! I found myself actually savoring the last half, eating bite by bite to draw out the deliciousness!
This review is specific to High Protein Bars, White Chocolate
* I work a physically demanding job, where sometimes you have to grab something and run even when you're starving. These bars more than hold me over to my next meal.
My favorite flavors are the Creamy PB and White Chocolate Chip...they don't have an overwhelming aftertaste and satisfy a mid-day sweet tooth. I tried the Lemon Cream Pie, but the coating kept separating from the bar and was really messy.
These bars also do not upset my stomach like many other protein bars I've tried (likely the absence of gluten). For the price, taste, and sustainability, these bars are supreme!
* I had the Brownie Crunch. These taste ok, however there is an artificial taste to them. I like that they have 20 grams of protein, which is made up of calcium caseinate (which digests more slowly), whey protein isolate (a pure form of protein) and soy protein isolate. The bar has no sugars, but does have 12 grams of sugar alcohols which can cause GI distress in some. It also has a lot of glycerin (second in the ingredient list). Because of the high protein content, the bars are filling. I'll keep looking for a better tasting bar.
This review is specific to High Protein Bars, Brownie Crunch