* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5/5December 17, 2010
Reviewer: Loretta in Oregon
* I love to add a heaping teaspoonful of this cocoa in my morning coffee. It is smooth and rich, and dissolves nicely. My sugar-free coffee tastes delicious this way, with a little stevia and a splash of cream!
* I like to add cocoa to my protein shakes as well as use it to make my own sugar free mocha frappachinos. The Ghiradelli cocoa works well as it mixes amazingly well when cold. While I use the blender for the frappachino I have a habit of simply shaking my protein shakes, although I do shake them for about a minute, and this cocoa is the only one I have found that mixes in well without floating to the top in lumps.
Along with the flavor, cocoa has great health benefits.
The price of this cocoa works out to be slightly cheaper than a well known name brand sold at my local club store, so that is another plus.
* I've been eating a chocolate custard every day for breakfast lately, using a cocoa from my local supermarket but now I've found I like this cocoa even better. Has a nice smooth chocolate flavor with less bitterness. It's slightly reddish in color in comparison with other cocoas I've used -- different cocoa beans perhaps?
* I was surprised to find that this product is not simple to mix with cold liquids, as a previous review had stated. I mixed it with 8 oz of cold almond milk and all of it floated up to the top. I threw the drink down the sink, as it did not taste good. I later decided to try it with coffee. It mixed very well with hot coffee and the flavor was a little better. Over all, it's not a bad product, but it's definitely not my favorite. Even after I added sweetener, it was kind of bland. I probably would not order it again.