* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
3/5October 20, 2013
Reviewer: Kurt in Washington
* The dark chocolate sauce tastes great. BUT... I've tested my blood sugar level three times now after using 1 tablespoon in morning coffee and my reading jumps 25-30 points within an hour of consuming. Maybe it's just how I react to Malitol, but I don't get the same reaction from splenda or other sweeteners. Too bad, because it is delicious!
* The Monin syrups are far better than the other brands. They are nice and thick. I am writing this review about the strawberry and caramel! They are so thick and delicious. I use them for pancakes, tea, yogurt, ice cream, smoothies, puddings. The only flavor that was a bit week was the hazelnut. Love them, try them you wont be disappointed. The chocolate is so good too.
* Love the dark chocolate sauce, it's rich tasting and the sweetness is just right. The squeeze bottle is great for putting a drizzle of chocolate on ice cream or desserts, just right to drizzle a bit over whipped cream topped mocha coffee - yum!
* I LOVE this chocolate sauce! It is really smooth and rich, so a little goes a long way. The squeeze bottle makes it easy to drizzle on ice cream, desserts, etc. for some added yumminess and visual appeal. I like to take a scoop of casein protein powder, mix it with a little water to form a "pudding" and then drizzle this sauce on top. A great snack before bed!
* First I used this on LC ice cream. It's simply too sweet. To make it better I put some in a bowl added about an ounce of unsweetened chocolate and melted it together in the microwave for about a minute. Much better.