* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
4/5July 02, 2011
Reviewer: Cindy in Kansas
* Of all of the Miracle products, the rice is by far the best. It is completely tasteless and there is a process for using it. Rinse it well and don't be put off by the fishy odor. Place rinsed rice in a HOT pan sprayed with Pam. Cook on top the stove on high for about 10-15 minutes, stirring. You must do this part or it will release a watery puddle when you plate it. What is the use if it takes a bit to use?? It is calorie free and makes very good filler. I use the Low Carb Chili from this site on top a the fried rice and it is a 250 calorie (from the chili) lunch that is more filling than the 250 calorie 3 bite frozen meals. Can also put in chicken bullion for a zero calorie snack.
* A couple of cons: Smells very fishy when the package is opened, & the texture can be rubbery. But follow the directions and it tastes fine with marinara or low fat alfredo or even to stretch a soup recipe. To me zero calories makes it worth the taste compromise!
* Same concept as tofu shirataki, I find the "pearl" shape to be less chewy and more useful in various dishes. This product is really helpful in keeping me well-nourished whilst on the Weight Watchers program. Zero WW points for a whole bag! I really like this product, but I wouldn't necessarily serve it for a party :)
* I was raised on rice so when I went low carb, I had to cut it out. I was so happy to find Miracle Rice. I enjoy it, but my husband finds the texture unbearable. For me it's a tasteless foundation for the creamy and meaty dishes I can eat that are low carb. My one complaint is that is smells funny - kind of fishy. But, once you rinse it, it's fine. I like it because it's no carb.
* All in all, this is a great product. It has very little taste, taking on whatever topping you add. I have used in stir fry with veggies and chicken as well as with meat not in a chili mix. Yum! It is a little strange looking, but if you can get past that it is an excellent replacement.