* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5October 15, 2015
Reviewer: Stacy in California
* I have sleep disorders and so prefer to avoid caffeine at night but I also enjoy chocolate milk and hot chocolate in the evening. What to do. Thought I'd give this product a try. I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised. Though it's mostly caffeine free it still has a nice chocolate flavor. Added it to unsweetened almond milk, along with my favorite sugar alternatives, and got a decent tasting chocolate milk sub. I will buy again.
* I bought this as my first low carb baking cocoa. I used the entire canister for baked goods. It has good flavor and works just fine. It is however extremely expensive compared to other cocoa powders with the same carb count so I have no idea why I would purchase it again.
* This is the only cocoa powder I've ever found that is advertised as low caffeine. It tastes just as chocolatey delicious as any of the other brands I've used. It makes a very good cup of hot cocoa, is great for baking, and a 'wonder' for low carb candy recipes!
* This makes a good cocoa. I make it with Silk unsweetened soy milk, 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract and Ideal sweetener. I like the fact that it's very low in caffeine and carbs and has no sugar. I am a diabetic and have high blood pressure so I need to watch my intake of carbs and caffeine; not so much sugar as I stay away from it anyways...I would highly recommend this cocoa powder!
* I found this cocoa while looking for a caffeine free baking cocoa for my sugar free hot cocoa. From its effects I can testify that there is significantly less caffeine in this than in normal cocoa. Since I am so sensitive to caffeine, this is a wonderful find. I would definitely recommend it!