* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1/5October 15, 2012
Reviewer: NORMAN in Texas
* This was horrible... all i could taste was flax seeds. LC foods need to go back to the drawing board and start again...
* So far I've only cooked using 2 cups LC Foods pasta flour with 1 cup LC Foods Cake Flour, combined with 2 cups traditional white flour to try and lower the carb content of my favorite chicken and dumplings recipe. This cut the carb content down from 34 carbs to 14.5 per 10 dumpling serving. The taste was exactly the same as if I used five cups of high carb white flour. Next time I will try and reduce the white flour down even further or maybe get rid of it all together. Even if I can't get the white flour out all together and still maintain the texture and taste, this still works to lower the carbs down to a maintenance level which is what I'm on. I highly recommend this product.
* This was excellent in making chinese dumplings. Some of our friends preferred them to the ones we made with regular flour while everyone else thought they were just as good. We used our pasta maker. When we used it for spaghetti, we had trouble getting the pasta maker to cut it, so we made it a bit thicker. As spaghetti, it was okay but not great. I'm thinking of trying it again and after boiling it, i will saute it in a pan with a bit of oil or just with the sauce. May get more the same texture as it did with the dumplings.
* This flour made a great pasta considering the carb count. The texture reminded me of spatzel. The noodles were a bit softer and less flavorful than the real stuff, but the texture was much better than other pre-made low carb pasta products.