* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
5/5February 21, 2013
Reviewer: Annie in New Jersey
* Awesome product. We eat this fairly regularly along with the Mung Bean Fettuccine.
Although this states that there are a fair amount of carbs, including 15g "Other Carbs," I've never had a blood sugar spike after eating this. In fact for the most part my blood sugar drops.
The texture is spot on for noodles and the taste of bean is not very strong. Plus, there is a lot of protein in it for good measure! Great product and I'm glad netrition is stocking it at this price. We used to buy it locally for ~$7 a package.
* I absolutely LOVE this pasta! I'm trying to cut back on carbs and this is seriously helping me. I have been craving pasta like mad recently and so glad I stumbled upon this brand. So much better than shirataki noodles. I find that the flavor is very mild and with a well flavored sauce or toppings, nothing is overwhelmed. I think the key to the best results with this pasta is to really make sure they absorb as much water as possible. You really can't boil them to total mush, they just get a little softer, which I like because then the bite is similar to regular thin spaghetti.
* This stuff is really quite tasty, good texture, so easy to cook, and I've gotten positive reviews serving it to non-vegans, who feel like they're getting something "special." No apologies necessary. A great substitute for conventional pasta and it's now a staple in my kitchen.
* This stuff is really good. You can barely tell that it is not regular pasta. It takes on the flavor of the spaghetti sauce very well, but the texture is slightly different. I initially bought a bag so that I could try it; I just bought three more bags.
* Excellent product that cooks consistently well and doesn't fall apart. The taste is very pleasant and texture is better than quinoa pasta. It doesn't seem to retain heat very well though and chills quickly.