* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5March 15, 2014
Reviewer: Margaret in Missouri
* Pretty good. An adequate replacement for wheat spaghetti. Has a slightly off taste, but it's not noticeable when sauced up. Good texture. My family says it's a keeper.
* I really enjoyed this soybean spaghetti. Best I've found so far to mimic pasta on my low carb/wheat free diet. Texture is, of course, not the same as wheat pasta, but it's more similar than, say, shirataki noodles. Cooks up like angel hair pasta - don't cook too long. Mixed with my meat/vodka sauce, felt like I was having a spaghetti dinner again. Very satisfying and just 6 net carbs per serving. I will definitely buy more.
* I liked this product. Love the ingredients list (the fewer the better in my book hopefully with nothing that I've never heard of)--just organic soybeans. The texture of this was far better than the black bean pasta and absorbed sauces well. I still will give their mung bean fettuccine the best review because of its texture, which I prefer to the spaghetti, but if they were to make a soybean fettuccine I'd certainly be buying even more of it. Good stuff!
* These were surprisingly good. Be aware that the package description of "al dente" is very accurate. Some people might be put off by the texture, which is firmer than regular pasta. I had to boil these longer than what the directions called for, otherwise it would have been like eating a bowl full of rubber bands. They did eventually soften up. I served them with a meat sauce (marinara + ground beef) and it satisfied my spaghetti craving. I like the Great Low Carb Bread Co. fettuccine better than this product, but this one is cheaper.