* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5November 09, 2013
Reviewer: Jennifer in Iowa
* The Stur Stevia Sweetened water enhancers are very good. So far I have tried the Simply Strawberry and the Proudly Tea + Lemon. Both have true, clean flavors. This is the only product I've found with a pure strawberry flavor. I've tried all the other brand of tea+lemon flavored water enhancers out there and this one is the best. The rest all have a weird aftertaste. This one tastes like I expect. The only negative is the flavor is very light, so if you like an intense flavor you may need to use more product than you are used to with competing brands. But to buy a water enhancer that tastes great AND is sweetened with stevia is worth it. Hopefully there will be even more flavors in the future.
* Had high hopes for this product but was disappointed. It is so mildly flavored that there is almost no flavor at all. Even using way more than you would expect to use, there is hardly any noticeable taste. I don't think using half the bottle would produce the desired results. Pretty much a total waste of money.
This review is specific to Stevia Sweetened Water Enhancer, Purely Pomegranate Cranberry
* So far I have had the Pomegranate/Cranberry, Orange/Mango, and Coconut Water/Pineapple flavors. I have found all of them to be good, they have a distinct fruit flavor without any strange aftertastes.
I hope to try the other flavors soon, will be buying more of this as time goes on.
* I've tried all the flavors now, and my favorite is the Fruit Punch. Right now, I mostly use them to flavor homemade sno cones, made with my Hawaiian Shaved ice machine. Man, so good in a hot summer! I make a tiny cup of it on the strong side, so when it mixes in the shaved ice, it comes out right.
I agree with the other reviewer about the clean taste, with no weird aftertastes. True. I also agree they are on the mild side.
HOWEVER, not unduly so, to me. But ya gotta understand, the longer you are off real sugar and chemicals, the more acute your taste buds become, and you don't even want or need overpowering flavorings to taste and enjoy stuff. It's really true, you just have to give it time.
I'm really enjoying these healthy alternatives to the chemical stuff. And if you want it stronger, just put in more, until your taste buds adjust and become more acute.
True story #1 about taste buds: I had an in-law who used to put hot sauce on EVERYTHING, claiming otherwise it was all blah!!
True story #2 about taste buds: we used to make sun tea by the gallon using 1/4 cup of honey. It tasted lovely to us. BUT a friend had some and exclaimed "you forgot the sweetener!" He insisted it was not sweet at all. Well duh... he also drank 2 Pepsi's every morning for breakfast; he just could not taste anything subtle.
Final verdict for Stur's Water Enhancers: yum!
This review is specific to Stevia Sweetened Water Enhancer, Freshly Fruit Punch