* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
2/5November 20, 2014
Reviewer: Patience in Vermont
* I bought this bread to use in making french toast and bread puddings but even after soaking the slices for 2 hours in in milk and egg, they were dry inside, and the resulting French toast was firm and rubbery. I even tried soaking the slices in milk overnight ... and they still were firm and rubbery. I finally toasted some slices and just made bread crumbs! I also blended a slice in the blender with egg and milk and cinnamon, and made a respectable pancake batter.
* With a high sticker price, this bread is average. I bought all the bread products and there is no difference in texture,taste or density between the bread, bagels and pockets. It appears as though they are using the same formula with all their bread products. At this price, I would like to see more of a difference between their bread products. I will stick to the very tasty brand that I currently enjoy.
* This low carb bread even when toasted tasted disgusting to me. The first ingredient is water. I recently had a different low carb bread from my local health food store and it tasted super great. Maybe I got spoiled, but either way I will not buy this bread again also will throw rest of this bread in the trash.
* I like the bread, but it makes my blood sugar really high. I tried it 3 times. All 3 times my sugar was around 151 2 hours after I ate it. First time I made a fried egg sandwich. Second and third time I just ate 2 pieces of toast made from it with some butter on it. All three times my sugars were high and usually it's in the 90's 2 hours after I eat. I sure was looking forward to being able to have sandwiches again, but can't use this bread.
* Contrary to some of the other reviews, I found this bread to have a very spongy texture that I feel affects the taste as well (I couldn't eat it as a regular sandwich bread). I tried the Plain, followed by Cinnamon, Rye, and Everything hoping that the flavors would help (they did not). I give it 3 stars because it did work wonderfully for French Toast (cinnamon flavor especially), but -1 star for price. This was my first non-tortilla low-carb bread, so perhaps I haven't tried enough of the others to appreciate this. Instead I think I'll just stick to low-carb tortillas for now.