* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
3/5December 04, 2013
Reviewer: Mayra in Tennessee
* Well...I was so excited and when I finally got it I tried right away. Is bread, dont get me wrong...is bread but with a funny taste. I made a grilled cheese sandwich and I cant finished, then I tried as a hamburger bun and I like it better. So...I will keep trying. Is not like a fresh bun from the bakery but is not bad...is bread and if you are in a low carb diet is a good to have bread!
* Well, it looks like rye bread and even tastes a little like it, but not too much. I would describe the texture as tough and chewy. This makes it better if toasted. If you never eat bread, finding this at 1 carb per slice, is a miracle, and you may have already forgotten what real rye bread tastes like, anyway. The bread also has a strange and slight sweet taste. I didn't like this as, to me, rye bread should have no sweetness at all. Meh. It's something different. I doubt I would buy it again.
* I would recommend this if you are really missing bread. It is chewy, but tastes better toasted. I was excited to have a sandwich but tired of it quickly. I absolutely love the everything bagels tho. The dinner rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns all have the same texture and taste as the bread.
* I've tried the plain, and the everything version of this bread. For sandwich bread, i didn't care for it at all. Spongy and has a funny taste. Its passable as buttered toast to eat with my sunny side up eggs, but still has a funny taste. The hamburger buns are so much better. Today i took about 5 pieces and cubed them. Dried them in the oven, and made homemade stuffing(dressing) ... It is really good. I think its because by drying it out first and making the stuffing with chicken broth and eggs, gave it a better flavor. I will probably buy more in the future, but just for certain things.