* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5August 12, 2015
Reviewer: Daniel in South Dakota
* As nobody has reviewed this yet, I was unsure what to expect. The spaghetti was pretty good, although it is on the chewy side. Taste though was just like regular spaghetti and a lot fewer carbs so I will order it again. One note on the nutrition data shown-that is the 50g "metric" serving rather than the standard US 2oz serving. That is on the box as well and contains 34g carbs with 17g fiber.
* When I first saw this item, I jumped at it as I have not been able to find any really low carb spaghetti. I ordered 4 boxes of it, as I have used the nutriwell penne pasta as it is just like regular pasta. I cooked this the first time as you would normal spaghetti and made home made sauce for it. I took the first bite and was very disappointed. It was tough and had a very gritty mouth feel. I was ready to toss all 4 boxes, but luckily I didn't. Several months later when ordering more of the penne pasta I read the reviews on this spaghetti and some said it was horrible and had dumped all they had purchased. HOWEVER, one person said they tried it a second time and added double salt and cooked it for 20 minutes and it was great. I just tried that today and after 20 minutes the spaghetti is much lighter in color and not gritty at all. It was very close to regular spaghetti. HOORAY, I can have spaghetti and meatballs again without my blood sugar going through the roof.
* Great taste, and no guilt! I've tried many low carb pastas in the past, but this one is far superior. In general, I've found the low carbs need to be cooked a little longer than regular pasta. That said, I found it flavorful and with a very acceptable texture. I'm here now to order another 10 boxes. I can live with this...
* I ordered two boxes of the spaghetti and threw out 1 1/2 boxes. It chews like cardboard - very heavy texture which detracts from the sauce. Cooked it the full 10 minutes; maybe more cooking will help but I'm guessing not. The flavor is also "woody" or just slightly "off". I'm not a fan.