* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5/5September 18, 2015
Reviewer: Ilene in Illinois
* How do you cook it. No instructions on package.
Editors note: According to manufacturer: "Cook as you would any pasta. Boil water and cook pasta for 10 minutes."
* Nutriwell Pasta Rice is one of my favorite products. It is delicious in soups and served with butter and parmesan cheese. Great texture and taste. Use it in many recipes to substitute for rice eg. Stuffed peppers ! Great product!
* Not really like rice, more like orzo but it is really good! You would never know it is low carb, no funny after taste or funny texture. I used it with stir fry instead of rice last night and it was divine! I just wish the price wasn't so high. It seems unreasonably high to me. I would buy more but can't afford to. However, it is nice for an occasional treat :-)
* Finally, someone made low carb orzo! Hooray! We've tried this a couple of different ways with great success: in soups and as a side with pesto. This looks, tastes and acts more or less like traditional higher carb orzo. I grew up eating orzo and I'm so pleased to have this little gem back on my menu!
* This is a great product. I just tried it last night and made a low carb rice a roni that really came out super good.
Rice a roni:
Angel hair whole wheat pasta (optional) broken into 1 inch pieces (1/4 cup)
1 cup Nutriwell Pasta Rice
2 tbl butter
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of granulated chicken boullion
Saute rice & pasta in skillet with butter for 2 minutes or until slightly browned.
Add 2 cups of water and cover and reduce heat to medium.
Add bouillon after water comes to a boil.
Cook for 45 minutes or until tender. If water boils out and it's not done, just add more water and bouillon to taste.
Not sure of the net carbs since I don't know how much 50 grams gives us!
* I love this product. It makes a wonderful "risotto". I toast it in oil the pan, add the flavorings, and then cook it as one would any risotto, adding hot stock a bit at a time. I never boil it in water. Stop cooking it while it's still al dente! Yes, it is expensive, but I find it provides many servings in the package. No off flavors, good texture… a wonderful option for low carb dieters, and would be enjoyed by anyone.