* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5June 27, 2015
Reviewer: Diane in Maryland
* I love this pasta! Excellent flavor and texture too! I'm prediabetic and trying to control blood sugar levels with low carb diet. So far so good. This pasta barely raised my BS. I had a 3 ounce portion with marinara/meat sauce and a salad. Had I eaten regular pasta I would have had a BS of 180 to 200 at 1 hour. I went from 100 to 138 1 hour pp and back down to 98 at 2 hours. I've just ordered six more boxes! Finally something that tastes and feels like pasta. The pasta also holds its shape and doesn't break up like other pasta alternatives.
* Finally got my Banza Chickpea Pasta. I ordered one of each type. This first experiment is with the Penne. I cooked 4 oz. and rinsed and cooled the pasta. Stirred it into a cold tuna salad and served it on a bed of chopped raw spinach. It is very good and I will definitely buy it again. I eat grain free and low carb. Making 3 servings of the dish nets me 16 carbs/serving. I couldn't be happier. The penne is a little thick and has a substantial weight to it but the taste is not heavy and is quite delicious. I'm so happy to have a good pasta to go to occasionally. I will continue to experiment with the other types and update my review. Maybe try a mac n cheese hot dish next time. For now, I'm loving this!
* I just had this last night, and it was delicious. It tastes just like regular pasta to me, but with so many added benefits. I really don't like chickpeas, except in falafel, so this is a great way to include them in my diet. I'm thrilled to see that Netrition is carrying it. :)
* Honestly, this tastes really good! I got it because 1) four ingredients 2) 14g protein 3) 24g net carbs. Consistency was literally the exact same as any other store-bought dry pasta. I didn't eat this plain (made a pea pesto - yum!), but I bet it would be great even if it was just topped with butter and parm. I hate that "fit food" has to either taste bad or have a boatload of ingredients to make it resemble something edible. This is NOT THAT. Just a really great, guilt-free product that I would recommend to anyone.