* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5July 29, 2016
Reviewer: Christee in South Carolina
* Finally, a brown sugar substitute that really does mimic brown sugar in texture, color, and taste. I've tried and been disappointed with every other brown sugar substitute on the market. Sukrin Gold has the sticky, sandy texture of real brown sugar. This stuff even packs more or less like brown sugar. The color, taste, and sweetness are comparable to light brown sugar. The taste is excellent. No off flavors or oddities. Love that it's erythritol, one of my preferred sweeteners.
* So much like brown sugar that except for the stickiness of actual sugar you can't tell the difference in taste. We use it quite often sprinkled over butternut squash or other places where we used to put brown sugar for an excellent way to keep the taste but ditch the carbs. Will be trying it in baking this holiday season.... I'm betting it works there too.
* I really enjoy the Sukrin sweeteners. This brown sugar substitute is probably the best on the market for flavor and texture. I use it to make LC cookies and add to my LC granola, along with the Gold fiber syrup.
* This is the best brown sugar substitute by far. Smell, taste, consistency.....all excellent. I've been eating low carb/sugar free for over a year now and have gone through the entire list of sugar substitutes available on the market. This is my go to for brown!
* God I love this stuff so much. It's absurdly close to actual brown sugar. It's erythritol, which means it's not fluffy and lightweight like other artificial sweeteners such as sucralose or aspartame. But it's also got that molasses-y taste that brown sugar has, with almost none of the calories. It DOES still have that mouth-cooling effect, to a degree, that seemingly all artificial sweeteners have, but it's still real enough for me to BAKE with, even.