Carbquik Low Carb Biscuits
Recipe Courtesy of LowCarbFriends, Posted by Kevinpa, Member
- 1 cup Tova Carbquik
- 1/4 cup LifeSource Foods Resistant Wheat Starch
- 1/4 cup LifeSource Foods Wheat Protein Isolate 5000
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Oils Isomalt (or granular erythritol/splenda mix)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients until the dough forms a ball. Turn onto a flour dusted surface. Fold the dough in half and knead a half a dozen times, adding enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Carefully roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. With a 3 inch flour coated cutter, cut dough into bisquits. Place an inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 5 bisquits at 2.5 carbs each. Great with sugar free jam, or with bacon, egg, and cheese.