Recipe Courtesy of LowCarbFriends, Posted by Chicken Lady (Gwen), Member
- 4 cups almond flour
- 2 cups sugar free sweetener (I use 1-1/2 cups Splenda and 1/2 cup Erythritol)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound frozen carrots, thawed, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350, Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir well. Beat the eggs with the oil and the vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients along with the sour cream and mix well. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean and cake is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely.
To Make Frosting: Combine ingredients and beat with a wire whisk until smooth. Sweeten to taste and frost cake.