Caulipower Soft Pretzel Nuggets (Gluten Free, *Reduced Carbs*)
Recipe Courtesy of Netrition Staff
- 1/2 cup Caulipower Cauliflower Based Baking Mix
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Skim Milk or Unsweetened Almond Milk or your favorite nut-based alternative
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 6 cups Boiling Water
- 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 1 Egg with 1 tablespoon Water
- Coarse Salt, to taste
- G. Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, add Caulipower Cauliflower Based Baking Mix, baking powder, and skim milk or nut-based alternative. Mix well. Add vegetable oil to the dough and mix until dough sticks to itself. Form a dough ball and let dough ball sit for 5 minutes.
Knead dough ball for 2 minutes, and then form small "logs" of dough. Cut dough logs into nugget size pieces.
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add baking soda to boiling water. Place pretzel dough nuggets in boiling water for 30 seconds and remove with a slotted spoon. Place pretzel nuggets on parchment paper.
Prepare an egg wash with one egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water. Brush pretzel nuggets with the egg wash. Season with course salt, to taste.
Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy with your favorite dipping mustard.