Crunchy Sunflower Bran Drop Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of LowCarbFriends, Posted by Kevinpa, Member
- 1 cup low carb cake and cookie flour mix
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup granular erythritol (crystals)
- 1 T. Dixie Carb Counters Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup GG Scandinavian bran crispbread (approximately 4-5 slices broken into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup low carb chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine erythritol, thickener, and splenda. Mix well. Using an electric mixer, cream together the sweetener mix, butter, egg, and vanilla.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until a soft batter forms. Stir in crispbread pieces and sunflower seeds to combine. Add chocolate chips, if using them.
On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, drop rounded teaspoons of batter and bake 13 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown.