Low Carb Chocolate Torte
Recipe - Courtesy of Dixie USA
- 1/2 cup - Carb Counters Low Carb White Cupcake and Frosting Mix
- 2 whole large or extra large eggs (or 4 egg whites - 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup - sour cream (regular or fat free)
- 1 frosting packet (included in the cake mix)
- 8 oz - block of cream cheese, softened (regular or fat free)
- 6 Tablespoons - unsalted butter, softened
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick coating spray.
In medium size mixing bowl, prepare cake mix batter according to label directions and pour into baking pan instead of the cupcake tins. Smooth out evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool for 15 minutes.
In small mixing bowl, add the frosting packet, softened cream cheese and butter. Mix with spoon until smooth and creamy.
Cut the cake into 3 - 4" wide pieces . Place first cake piece onto serving plate or aluminum foil and lightly spread 1/2 cup frosting evenly over it and repeat layers with other two pieces. Refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Freeze leftovers within 4 days. Freeze tightly wrapped for up to one month. Makes 9 - 1" wide servings, 5 -1/2 net carbs per serving.
Like extra sweet frosting? Stir any low carb sweetener (equal to 1/2 cup sugar) into the frosting/cream cheese.