Low Carb Potato Soup
Recipe - Courtesy of Dixie USA
- 1 inner packs - Instant Mashers any flavor
- 1/4 cups - onion, chopped (approx. 1/2 small onion)
- 4 cups - chicken broth (like a 32 oz. container chicken stock/broth)
- 2 Tablespoons - butter
- 1/4 cup - cream (or sour cream)*
- 1/4 teaspoon - ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon - Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener (optional)**
Brown the onions in the butter in a medium size sauce pan or 5 cup pot over medium high heat for 3- 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add the chicken broth and black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and whisk in the Mashers. For thicker soup, whisk in the Thick It Up thickener. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisk in the cream and serve.
Makes 4 - 10 ounce (1-1/4 cup) servings. 5 net carbs per serving.
For reduced fat/calorie version:
*Fat free sour cream may be substituted if desired.
** if a thicker soup is desired, whisk in Thick It Up low carb thickener