Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf
Recipe Courtesy of LowCarbFriends, Posted by susieqrn, Member
- 2 cups almond flour (or Carbquik Bake Mix)
- 1/3 cup whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener, granulated (your choice)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Thick It Up or Xanthan Gum (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and divided
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp banana extract
- 3 eggs
- 10 drops liquid stevia, divided
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened, divided
- 1/3 cup Lily's sugar free chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
Whisk together the dry ingredients and divide into two small bowls.
In a medium bowl, beat 2 oz. cream cheese with the peanut butter until smooth. Beat in 5 drops liquid stevia and 2 eggs. Add the dry ingredients alternately with 1/4 cup almond milk and mix until incorporated.
In another medium bowl, beat the remaining 2 oz. cream cheese with the mashed banana until fairly smooth. Beat in 5 drops of liquid stevia, banana extract, and the remaining egg. Add the other half of the dry ingredients alternately with the remaining 1/4 cup almond milk until incorporated.
Spoon alternating dollops of each batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle with sugar free chocolate chips. Top with remaining dollops of batter and remaining sugar free chocolate chips. With a knife, swirl the batters together. Don't over swirl or it loses the marble look.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake an additional 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You may need to cover loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent over browning.